I’m a web and software developer, and I like to turn my hand to anything in front of me. I’m a PHP Team leader at Spindogs and I used to be Technical Director at Glue Digital Studio. My main focus of development is bespoke Wordpress plugins, themes and anything related. Some of the things I get up to at work incude:
- Developing and delivering API integrations for PHP and WordPress sites.
- Writing well-documented object-oriented PHP code that encourages reuse by the team.
- Creating and maintaining bespoke themes and plugins for WordPress sites.
- Designing and developing bespoke API endpoints, within the WordPress REST API system.
- Maintaining and rewriting a bespoke PHP platform package for increasing our WordPress site’s stabilinotesty, security and the efficiency of our development team.
- Developing bespoke e-commerce platforms, with integrations to third party services such as Sage
- Implementing and customising WooCommerce installations, with bespoke feature plugins, custom themes and integrations with bespoke systems.
- Working with SQL in raw queries, and using frameworks such as Eloquent and WP_Query.
- Coaching and supporting a team of developers grow their skills and meet their objectives
- Supporting Project Managers and Business Development teams for technical guidance on quoting and supporting project lifecycles.
- Debugging and maintaining PHP projects built in many frameworks, including bespoke PHP frameworks developed in house.
- Developing systems that interact with complex data, such as data provided via third-party tools and services that run on device and output in raw formats.
- Worked with templating languages such as Twig and Blade.
- Use of node, webpack and other front-end compilation tools.
- Creation and supporting deployment pipelines, including dependancy management and testing in the pipeline for deployment.
- Managing and supporting migrations and deployments between servers.
- Identifying and resolving technical issues relating to website performance and page-speed insights.
- Supporting the team creating and running local development environments.
- Contributing to strategy and planning decisions around infrastructure and resource management
I’ve recently had some fun with SwiftUI on a private little project, and enjoy developing beautiful user expereinces.
I make this site using Jekyll (why not wordpress?), and I’ve enjoyed Shopify development in the past.
So if you’re looking for someone like me, why not get in touch.